Workshops 2023 | Congenital deafblindness
Workshops offered in all states and territories
This practical workshop is suitable for anyone with a connection to
* combined deafness and blindness
* sensory disability, meaning one or more of the senses are affected
* complex disability
The following may find this workshop useful:
* people working in therapy
* people working in education
* other service providers eg. Deaf, support work, residential care
You can ask questions and bring case studies. Content includes:
* how to recognise deafblindness
* understanding access needs
* where to find help to support the person’s senses
* hand-under-hand teaching methods
* creating shared experiences
* developing shared meaning
* learning and practicing deafblind communication methods
* resources and tools to support your learning
Guest presenters, born deafblind will also share their experiences.
People with deafblindness are encouraged to attend.
Recommended preparation viewing: In a new tab open News page on congenital deafblindness training modules
When registering, please advise of any access requirements e.g. Auslan interpreters, alternative format preferences
The workshop is free to attend, made possible by an NDIS ILC Grant.
Brisbane | Queensland
Date November 7th to 8th, 2023
Time 9:30am – 4:30pm
Location Courtyard by Marriott Brisbane South Bank
Email email@example.com to join the mailing list and be notified of events and resource releases.