Reading and Writing
In addition to lighting and low vision aids there are many low tech options to support a person to continue reading and writing.
Large Lined Paper
- Good contrast with bold lines on white paper
- Helps a person with low vision to see when writing and keep in a straight line
- A4 size plastic template fits over a sheet of paper
- The frame provides a good contrast for use as a visual guide, keeping writing in a straight line
- The template can also be used as a tactile guide when writing
- Place over paper when signature required
- Good contrast with tactile guide to indicate where signature required
- Credit card sized, fits easily into a wallet or purse
- Envelope guides are also available that work in the same way
- Other options are available to make everyday life easier such as large print diaries, calendars, rulers, etc.
- Felt tip pens are available with varying thickness of nibs providing good contrast. Writing in large print with a felt tip pen can make it easier to read for a person who has low vision.